Re: a very simple question re: time

> > > My question is a relatively very simple one, how do I configure the date
> > > and time in the gnome panel?
> >
> > Yes, you would use "date" to change the system date and time (and hence
> > Gnome's). But it's easier to use the "timetool" program. It's got a nice
> > gui interface, and I think it's installed by default on most distributions.
>
> Wow, when did that get written? Why does no-one tell me these things?
> _Much_ easier than date!
> Thanks a lot!

Your most welcome. One of the most satisfying things I've done regarding
linux was sit down one day (actually night) at a machine with a default
install of a distribution (redhat in my case) and peruse through every
rpm to understand exactly *what* each does. I mean, the distribution has
a reason for the inclusion of every rpm. So I launched gnorpm and steadily
clicked through each rpm entry, reading the description/summary of each. If
that was vague, I'd look up what programs it installed in the "bin" directories
and "manned" them. I didn't spend time learning the "how" of each utility/app,
just what it was capable of doing. I recommend people to try it one day -
I guarantee you will enjoy it a AND benefit from the experience. The most
interesting sections were Applications/Systems and SystemEnvironment/Base.
And of course, this "experience" works with any other distribution and it's
packaging format.

	= L

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1407  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |