RE: Gnome-core/applets-1.1.2

imlib is still needed although GNOME is moving to gtk_pixbuf. Why
do you have core/applets 1.0.39 if you upgraded to 1.1.2? How did you
install the newer verision?

If you did a make install I would suggest the following although I'm
not an expert it worked for me.

// undo your upgrade first, I haven do this but it should work
do a make uninstall.
freshen 1.039,  by doing something like rpm -f gnomee-core-1.0.39.rpm
likewise for applets.

Build your own rpm files for 1.1.2 from the tarballs
rpm -tb gnome-core-1.1.2.tar.gz
upgrade using rpm ,  rpm -U gnome-core-1.1.2.rpm
likewise for applets

> Under the new gnome (which is nice) all of the applets appear
> as launchers
> on the panel rather than programs and I have to click to get
> things like the
> pager to work. I can't think of any obvious way to get them to work
> properly.

You might try deleteing .gnome* in your home directory. Although this
will cause all you setting to go bye bye. The unstable branch is not
a regular upgrade path so backward compatiblity (and converter) is
not garenteed.