gnome-core 1.1.2 problems

 I just tried installing gnome-core 1.1.2, and can immediately see two
problems with the panel:

  1. The buttons in the main menu are a larger than they used to be, too
     large if you ask me, and I can't find a way to resize them.
  2. The .desktop entries I've installed in /etc/X11/applets no longer
     show up. Why? Is reading this directory just a Red Hat hack?

Comments anyone?

--
Toralf Lund <toralf@kscanners.no>   +47 66 85 51 22
Kongsberg Scanners AS               +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)