Re: Gnome security

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Derek Simkowiak wrote:

> > > I think you can limit listening sockets to UNIX domain sockets by placing
> > > a setting in a ".orbit" file or something. I'm sure someone will jump in
> > > and point out the correct syntax ;-)
> >
> > echo "ORBIIOPIPv4=0" > $prefix/etc/orbitrc
>
> 	Can we make this the default?

I managed to "sort" of get this to work by putting a .orbitrc with the
above line into my home dir. Couldn't seem to get a system-wide setting
going.

Unfortunately, whilst the setting above caused all the applets to stop
listening, "gnome-session" persisted in opening a TCP socket. Ideas?

Cheers
Chris