SuSE 7.0 and libjpeg problems

Hi

A few days ago I posted re all me gnome apps that used libjpeg crashing
saying that they needed a different version of libjpeg to the 6.2
version installed by SUSE 7.0. Well I have resolved this now (after a
couple of hints from peopel on these maillists, thanks guys). Anyway
this is just a note so that if anyone else runs into this the answer is
in the archives.

Basically the issue is that if you ftp the distribution directory and
the run the Helixcode installer against a local directory of binaries it
will let you install the wrong binaries !

What I had done was ftp the SuSE distribution directory when what I
should actually have got was the SuSE-6.4 directory. The installer
recognised that I was running SuSE 7.0 but then happily installed the
wrong binaries when I pointed it at the local directory.

Not too big an issue as I just installed the correct ones with an rpm -U
*.rpm --nodeps --force but it could catch other people out too (or maybe
I was particularly dim that day). Perhaps it might be worth a note on
the web site or ftp server top say that the SuSE directory is for 6.3
and that the SuSE-6.4 directory is for 6.4 and 7.0 or maybe the
installer could somehow check that it is being asked to install the
correct binaries.

Thanks

Pat