Re: Desktop Switcher. :(

> > I tried recently to look at FVWM using the 'switcher' and since then,
> > despite various efforts, the 'default session' for Gnome always comes
> up
> > with FVWM. It's not a major problem but I have to remember to change
> the
> > session from 'default' to 'Gnome' in the Gnome log-in window every time
> > log-in. Any ideas on how to change the default back to Gnome please?
>

> Try the "switchdesk" program. (man switchdesk).

Same thing happened to me, (RH6.2 + Gnome).  I used switchdesk to switch
from Sawfish to FVWM2 and couldn't get it to switch back to Sawfish.  As I
had just installed and had little to lose, I ended up just creating a new
user for myself.

On adding a window manager:  have you read the section, "The Gnome Control
Center -> Desktop" in your Gnome User's Guide", (Help System in the Menu)?
There is a sub-section on the Window Manager Capplet that tells you how to
add a Window Manager.  Basically you install your new wm and then tell the
gcc where it is.  XFce, which I use, however, just installs with
"xfce-setup" from a prompt, or "xfce-remove" if I want to change.  If your
new wm is Gnome-compliant, it may include special instructions on what to
put in the "add new window manager" dialog.

Brett