Re: panel: Tasklist Feature request

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 11:10:30PM -0500, Troy Carter wrote:
> When several windows are open, the window descriptions in the tasklist
> (of course) get abbreviated.  It would be nice if mouse over on the
> tasklist item would "zoom" on that tasklist item to give you the full
> name, so you don't have to click through several items to find the right
> one (in the case where the mini-icons or the first few letters of the
> name don't help you)...   Might this feature show up in the tasklist in
> the near future?

Better for this would be tooltips I think.  I for one would like to make
Tasklist use ONLY icon, no window name, and just use a tooltip when I want
to see what the name of the window is.  My panel is very small (Tiny)
because I run at such a low resolution and is fairly applet-free.  One
applet that isn't on my panel is the tasklist because it just takes too
much space on my rapidly filling panel.  If all it took up were the space
it needs for say hidden apps' icons (which would be my preference) then
the tasklist would suit my purposes very well.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd debian org>               GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3

I would rather spend 10 hours reading someone else's source code than 10
minutes listening to Musak waiting for technical support which isn't.
        -- Dr. Greg Wettstein, Roger Maris Cancer Center