Re: what the heck..

lee wrote:

> just wondering what steps have i missed possibly that my pii450/128ram
> is running gnome way too slow..i mean gmc takes 5-10 seconds ( 10
> seconds here lately ) just to load not to mention how long gnorpm
> sometimes takes...........

Maybe I'm wrong, but from your description I got the impression,
that you are starting multiple instances of gmc, when you
just want to open additional gmc windows. In my understanding,
it does not make any sense to run more than one instance of gmc.
The usual way to get an additional file browser window is to
right-click on the desktop and open a new window of the one and
only currently running gmc.

Best regards - Juergen.