Re: GDM configuration: give users right to use /dev/dsp

Paul> On RedHat, there is some RPM that keeps getting upgraded that
Paul> sets the permissions on /dev/dsp back to 600, so users can't
Paul> play mp3's.  I asked locally about it, and xdm users said they
Paul> have settings in a file called GiveConsole where permission can
Paul> be granted for things like that.

Paul> Is there an equivalent setting for GDM, so I can give users the
Paul> right to use /dev/dsp?

On modern systems this is actually maintained by PAM.

Check man pam_console for more info.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Cereal Bowl Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME