Re: Helix user login

Try deleting your .gnome directories and let Gnome recreate them.
You'll lose all the fun little customizations you had, but it'll fix
your icons.  I've had to do it on both machines I run.  Luckily, I
didn't customize my panel too much at that point, so it didn't take long
to put the applets back where I had 'em.

Good luck.