Re: Eye of Gnome 0.4 沒cream When You Burn" is released

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000 04:07:56 -0400
 Federico Mena Quintero <federico@gnu.org> wrote:
#Version 0.4 of the Eye of Gnome image viewer, code-named "Scream When
#You Burn", has just been released.
	ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/sources/eog/eog-0.4.tar.gz

great...getting better...quicker than 0.3 I can SEE the difference.
#
#* Changes in this version:

#
#	* New full screen viewing mode.  Look at your images on the
#	  big screen! (Federico)

instead of the background defaulting to grey, I vote for black.  If you
don't agree could we at least configure it then?
Also hiting 's' shows full-screen.  Could it toggle full-screen mode
rather than having to hit ESC.  Will 's' and 'S' and 'f' and 'F' work in
the future?  I hope so..if not then perhaps the menu should say Fit to
Window f  rather than Fit to Window F as it does now.

#	* Windows can adjust their size and zoom factor automatically
#	  when opening new images (Federico).
this is the "Pick window size and zoom factor automatically".  I vote to
have this option enabled by default...it's the way it should be.

No this is a ways off...but still looking for a batch conversion tool on
linux...hopefully eog will do it someday.  Say convert 1600x1200 -->
640x480.  Anyone know of one on linux?
just found one called 'imgconvert' http://linuxart.com/imgconvert/
for an example see
http://www.linuxnewbie.org/LWE1/
still if eog could do this someday it'd be nice.

I use http://www.irfanview.com on windows to do batch conversions.
(Please emulate irfanview as much as possible if you can)

Tried feh (which requires imlib2 btw) and it has an option feh -l to
list all the dimensions and attributes of all your image files. Use chbg
currently for thumbnail viewing...since Nautulis PR1 is kinda slow
generating thumbnails...at least for now it is slow.

adam http://www.kaikun.com 3,500 photos
http://thinknic.kaikun.com  more photos