Freature suggestion for gnome 2.0

I don't know if this has been suggested before, or not.  I would really
like to see a switch in the GNOME panel so that users can have the option
of displaying the "Name" of items in the menu or the "Comment".

I think that such an option would be a great help to users new to the
GNOME environment, who will not know that "Seahorse" can be used to
encrypt files, or that "XMMS" can be used to play mp3's, or probably even
that "Gnumeric" is a spreadsheet.  Tooltips are an option, sure, but that
slows people down and is generally irritating (IMHO).

As GNOME is packaged now, some items in the menus describe the function of
the application (e.g. Postscript file viewer) and some just the name of
the application (e.g. gqview and dia).  For consistancies sake, I think it
would be good for the Name field of an item contain the name of the
application, and the Comment field describe the function.  Allow the users
then, to display either the name or the comment in the GNOME program
menus.

And, if I'm not stretching this too far, perhaps the comment field should
be the default for new users of GNOME?

MSG