Sound Problems....Solved :-)

Damn, how could I have overlooked that one :-)  Problem solved! Had the same
problem with the mixer applet, but that's solved too.

What I don't understand is how that got changed? The /dev/dsp and the
/dev/mixer "belonged" to me, and not to root! I have never changed that....

I do do most changes in my computer logged in as myself, and in the
gnome-console using "su". Could that have something to do with that?

> Easy answer:
>
>     chmod 666 /dev/dsp
>
> Pananoid answer:
>
>   Create a group sound, add everyone you want to use sound to this group
>
>     chown root.sound /dev/dsp
>     chmod 660 /dev/dsp
>
> Hope this helps.

Ralph Slooten