Re: WINE?

>Sorry for the silly question, but exactly
>does "WINE" mean/standfor?

I believe it stands for WINE Is Not an Emulator..

Although it basically IS an emulator: its a Windows emulator for various x86-based
UNICES.  It works by providing "DLLs" compatible with the standard Windows DLLs,
so that native Windows applications can be executes.  It only works on x86-based
UNICXES because it doesn't translate CPU commands, and since Windows for the
most part only runs on x86's, you have to run on an x86.  Anyways, WINE is useful
to run Windows programs for which there is no counterpart on UNIX (like Baldur's
Gate  ;-)

Check out www.winehq.org

Sean Middleditch