Re: Sawfish Broken after Helixcode Update

Adam Huffman wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Bruce W. Bigby wrote:
>
> > Hi, has anyone else experienced this problem?  I updgraded my Red Hat
> > 6.1 w/GNOME 1.2-based system with the latest Helixcode Update and
> > Sawfish doesn't start properly anymore.  It never starts.  My previous
> > 3 updates went fine.  What happened?  I had to switch back to E to get
> > things to work properly but I'm getting fond of Sawfish so please help
> > me fix this problem.  --
>
> I had this problem and ended up deleting the Helix Sawfish RPMs and
> compiling my own.  Sawfish is now working.
>
> Adam

Thanks for the tip, Adam.  I downloaded the source but didn't have
everything that I needed to build sawfish.  For some reason, sometimes
when I use the RPM Find utility, it refuses to see the contents of the
folders (the packages) that it retrieves.  I don't know why this
happens.

Anyway, I removed all of the Sawfish RPMS and took a stab at downloading
from a different mirror, Cambridge.  The new update worked and Sawmill
is working.  I think that the new RPMS that I downloaded may be a little
newer.  They are

sawfish-themer-0.30.2-0_helix_1
sawfish-themes-0.2-0_helix_1
sawfish-0.30.2-0_helix_1

I don't recall whether the previous update were

sawfish-themer-0.30.1-0_helix_1
sawfish-themes-0.2-0_helix_1
sawfish-0.30.1-0_helix_1

In any case, the Helixcode server had bad Sawfish RPM's while the
Cambridge server had good Sawfish RPM's.  Perhaps, the Helixcode server
has been updated, too.  I don't know.

In any case, I'm up and running.
--
Bruce W. Bigby