cdwriting

hi..

   well at this point I either need to try different cdwriting program
or there is just something wrong with kernel config..

someone sent me url of different writinhowto than the stock one visible
from xcdrost/cdrecord homepage.......and it made things more clear...

being rather sure i followed directions  explicitly i'm still ( even
though cdrecord -scanbus DOES show the cdrw drive but STILL the cdr
isn't ) not able to get xcdroast to run......
I run redhat 6.2/2.2.14-12 kernel......i had it all working ( xcdroast
loaded fine AND it recognized my cdr and cdrw no trouble )with redhat
6.0/2.2.5-15 kernel and ...

i get:

[root@localhost /root]# xcdrgtk

** ERROR **: non existing cdrom?