Re: Problems with the Desktop-Icons

Hi!

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, B . L . Jilek wrote:
> Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:56:28 -0400
> To: GNOME-List <gnome-list@gnome.org>
> From: "B . L . Jilek" <bljilek@bigfoot.com>
> Subject: Re: Problems with the Desktop-Icons
>
> Hi Jon!
>
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Jon wrote:
>

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have a Problem with those Icons on my Desktop. After a reboot, they
> are
> > not there where I "left" them and are in alphabetical order on the left
> of
> > the screen. It's really annoying to sort them again and again after
> every
> > reboot... Could anyone tell how to fix this?
> >

> Try right clicking on the desktop.  Select "Destop Properties"  Deselect
> "Automatic icon placement.
>

> --
> B. L. Jilek <bljilek@bigfoot.com>   	| ICQ: 10733954
> 					| Linux user: 163800
> PGP/GPG: DSS 0x59D04FF1  RSA 0x83C89D21	| OS:  SuSE Linux 6.3

When I do a right click on the Desktop, I only have the options:

-New
-Arrange Icons
-Create New Window
-Rescan Desktop Directory
-Rescan Devices
-Recreate Default Icons
-Configure Background Image

Is there maybe a Config-File or something like that where I can change that
manually?

thanks Jon

--
WinNT error 003: FPU error - enter any 11 digit prime number to continue...