Re: Mime/file types

* mike <mike@redtux.demon.co.uk> [000808 21:43]:
> This is starting to piss me off.
> Can someone please explain why the control panel does not register any
> changes to file associations /stroke mime types

How does your $HOME/.gnome/mime-info/user.keys look like?
And how is your locale setting?

I have encountered similar problems with german locale setting.
When setting up mime types via control center, it seems to prepend
the current locale to the mime type entries:

|juergen@anna:~/.gnome/mime-info > cat user.keys.old

|application/postscript:
|        [german]open=ggv %f
|
|application/pdf:
|        [german]open=acroread %f

After removing the [german] stuff by hand, everything works fine,
i.e. double-clicking postscript files in gmc opens these files
in ggv, double-clicking pdf files opens them in acrobat reader and
so on.

HTH.

Regards - Juergen.