Re: gnome-utils won't compile

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Dennis J Perkins wrote:

[About compiling gnome-utils]

> I can't get it to compile either, but in my case it complains that
> et/com_err.h does not exist when it is compiling badblocks.c.  I have no
> idea where this file is supposed to come from.

Is the missing file "et/com_err.h" ?  Doesn't sound like a standard
system file.  A quick way to serach for it:

find . -type f -name "com_err.h" -print

The "." is the current directory signifier, so make sure you are
in the directory where you extracted libxml, or change that to
reflect the directory.

Not sure about Linux, but some systems prefer the "-ls" instead
of the last flag "-print".

If no file is found, check the INSTALL instructions that came with libxml.
Perhaps you must have some packages installed on your system already,
which might include having the headers for those packages.  You
must have those installed, and have configure for libxml know where
those are with flags such as "--with-<prerequisite-blah>=/installed/path"

Good luck,

Himanshu Gohel, Gohel@csee.usf.edu
WEB URL: http://www.csee.usf.edu/~gohel/