Troubles with the menu key

I'm using gnome-core 1.1.9, and am having trouble with the menu key
(have been since the menu raise on key thingy feature was
implemented)... if I hit the key, the menu window pops up, but it
immediately goes behind all the other windows, unless I set delay raise
to 100 milliseconds (this is in Sawmill).  However, doing that, I now
get problems with fullscreen SDL apps, since the window is raised after
switching into fullscreen, and thus I can't see half the screen... is
this something in gnome-core that needs fixing Iordo I bug Sawmill
(Sawfish, whatever, I like Sawmill, so :P ) about this?

Sean Middleditch