Swallow up Apps/ reappring apps?

I have done something with one of my apps that causes it to continue to
spawn at what appears to be random intervals during my gnome session.
The particular app is GAIM and I believe it has to do with the fact that
I created a swallow up application with it under Gnome.  I thought
swallow up apps where something else. Now this program keeps spawing all
over the place? Any ideas? I am not sure if this is what has caused this
to happen, but that's the only thing I can think of that I am not
confident about.

TIA