Re: GNOME panel wont pop-up

If I kill the current panel process and start a new one I always get a
message to pop indicating Gnome has detected a panel is already
running....should it start a new one?  If I say yes then the new panel
appears (minimized), but it still will not pop-up.  I am not sure why
Gnome thiks there is one running after I kill the process.  If I do:
ps -ef | grep panel
No processes are indicated (except for the grep).

Either way, the gnome panel will not pop-up no matter what I have done.

-Brian