GNOME on FreeBSD 4.0

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone out there running GNOME on FreeBSD 4.0 or earlier?

I am completely new to FreeBSD.  I just installed it after having run
Linux for almost 6 years now.  I am having a little trouble with the
ports and compiling new newer versions of GNOME one it.  It looks like
things like gtk and glib are not installed in a standard manner (e.g.
glib-config is installed as glib12-config, /usr/local/include/glib.h
is installed as /usr/local/gdk/glib.h or something like that).  This
seems to cause a problem when trying to compile things like pan and
gnome-core-1.1.9.

Has anyone out there running FreeBSD been able to compile these
programs or found any packages or ports that will allow me to install
them until I get more familiar with FreeBSD and the way taht it
installs its packages?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Bidemi Temidire