Re: subscription mail

On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 10:34:06AM +0100 or thereabouts, cd bates wrote:
> A few days ago I recieved a lot of email telling me I had subscribed to most
> of the mauiling lists while I was on holiday. This is odd as I have been on
> them for a few months and certainly have not sent any emails requesting
> subscription to any of the mailing lists recently. Did it happen to anyone
> else or is it just me?

Not just you. The mailing list software changed. It used to be, um,
smartlist or something. Now the lists are run by mailman, which
means subscribers can do things like change their subscription
details and whether they get the list as lots of separate messages
or as a digest and so on through a web interface. The URL for the
web interface, for anyone who deleted their "Welcome to the list"
messages, is at the end of all emails to the list.

Telsa