Re: [Gnome under Solaris 7]

  Alan> unfortunately, I do not know the particular error you are
  Alan> receiving. Do you get a core file? Have you looked at it?
  Alan> What did you compile with gcc or suns compiler?

It doesn't core -- and the system is set up to generate them, because
I've had to delete a couple -- but not from these crashes.

Everything is built with CC=gcc and LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/lib (plus a
few others, like the funky gtk engines path, which I can't recall off
the top of my head).

Apparently, Miguel has stomped this bug, at least according to another
followup -- code is supposed to be in the Helixcode CVS gnome-core
module. If I get the time at work (possible, but somewhat unlikely),
I'll see if I can integrate it into gnome-terminal and gnomecc.

  Alan> Out of curiousity, are you running gnome session?

Yep -- that's working without any problems. Well, without any _major_
problems. 8^)=

john.

                 John S Jacobs Anderson jacobs@genehack.org
                  \* Genehack:  Not your daddy's weblog */
                   \*    <URL:http://genehack.org>     */