RE: october --> helixcode

Now maybe I'm missing something here, but how can you have downloaded all
the needed RPMs if you don't know which ones you need?
To try to answer your questions: When I want to "clean" my RPM based GNOME
install, I'll start by 'rpm -e gnome-core', which will fail, because of
dependancies.  I'll then extend the list of rpms that I uninstall until I
get gnome-core to uninstall, and then I'll do the same with every other
package that contains gnome (you can find this out by running 'rpm -qa |grep
gnome').  It's slow and tedious, but it makes for a very clean upgrade,
especially if you remove .gnome* from your home directory.
	Greg