Re: Automating Customization of a Gnome desktop

On Thu, 01 Jan 1970, Carroll, Barry G wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I am trying to automate the customization of a user environment in Gnome. My
> goal is to create a pre-defined user account that will be created
> automatically, with no work on the part of the end user. Is there a command
> line interface for configuring Gnome? Is there a way of capturing changes
> made via the GUI interface in a script file? Is there any documentation that
> would be useful?

If you'll excuse the self promotion, check out the GNOME Admin guide
http://www.darboux.uklinux.net/gnome  - it may help. Please when you get some
kind of system going (especially anything you develop that isn't in the guide)
write up a case study (doen't have to much, you could just say "I did it a bit
like that fool from warwick but this this and this I did properly, like so ;-)

Please send me (and the list) any questions you might have and we'll do our best
to answer.

Paul