Re: 1G Disk

> My computer only has 1G disk. After I complete install RedHat 6.2 GNOME
> workstation, the space is very limited. Usually, how large disk is needed if I
> want to set up my machine as a www server and mail server?

If you want your system to be a standalone server, then you should install
with "Server Install" option when installing RedHat 6.2. This installs a
barebones server using only about 350 megs. But, it doesn't include X
and Gnome.

Either you want Gnome for easier sysadmining or your machine will be a
desktop client as well. In that case, you'll have to add the rest of the
stuff, and yes, it will fill about 1 gig exactly. (That's currently what
I have now).

	= L

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1407  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |