GNOME terminal and color text?

I am running Redhat Linux and have a question regarding the use of
color and the GNOME terminal. I like the look and feel of the GNOME
terminal but would like to define terminal options such that any text
shown as bold (using the tput bold command) will show in color
(yellow). This is easy to achieve using a xterm but I am not sure this
can be done with a GNOME terminal.

The preferences do allow you to control the foreground and background
colors but only in a global sense. I want to be able to set the color
for individual words and/or sentences. For example, my background color
is black and my foreground color is white. I want to be able to echo
text to the terminal and have it shown in yellow to make it stand
out...independent of the foreground color.

I do not want all text to be shown as yellow only selected text. Is
this possible?

Thanks,

John Chauvin

--
John H. Chauvin jchauvin@netcom.COM
Netcom - Online Communication Services San Jose, CA