Re: Re: gnome-core 1.1.7 requirements

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 06:34:54PM +0200, Herman Roozenbeek wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2000, Ali Abdin wrote:
> > gdk_pixbuf should be in the same place as GNOME, as far as i know.
> >
> > On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Herman Roozenbeek wrote:
> > > Does gdk-pixbuf need to be installed in the same place as Gnome?
>
> As I've found out, the *Conf.sh files (gdk_pixbufConf.sh and
> gnomecanvaspixbufConf.sh) should be in the same location as the Gnome libs,
> so gnome-config can find them. The actual library files can be somewhere
> else, if I'm not mistaken.

You can help gnome-config find *Conf.sh files that aren't in
$(PREFIX)/lib by setting the GNOME_PATH environment variable to
the directory you are using as an alternative prefix.

(So if you have GNOME installed under /usr, and if you are installing
CVS versions of things under /home/me/gnome-local, set GNOME_PATH
equal to /home/me/gnome-local.)

You'll also probably need to set things like C_INCLUDE_PATH,
LIBRARY_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH omand ACLOCAL_FLAGS to point to the
approprite places under /home/me/gnome-local (or whatever).

As always, YMMV: I've had trouble getting stable versions and devel
versions of some libraries to co-exist properly on my system.  (Though
at GUADEC, Havoc (IIRC) said that it will be possible to have both the
GNOME 1.0 and 2.0 libs and development stuff simultaneously installed
on a machine, which is good news...)

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.