Re: open terminal window with keyboard

> Hi there, my mouse is not working sometimes, so with the keyboard, how
> do I 1] navigate through the Gnome main menu button with the keyboard,
> and/or 2] how do i open a console with a keyboard shortcut binding?
>
> thanks, chris

[1]
There is a keybinding which should open your Main Menu.  I believe the
default setting is supposed to be the menu button (a couple positions to
the right of the space bar on many keyboards). This default did not work
for me initially though.  You can configure this to be anything you want
by going into the Control Center and selecting Desktop->Panel and then
going to the "Miscellaneous" tab.  Set the "Popup menu key" to whatever
you want. It has a nifty feature of letting you press any key on the
keyboard and it will grab it and remember it for you, so you can use one
of those otherwise useless keys like the M$ logo.  From there, you just
use your arrow keys.

[2]
I probably don't know the best solution here.  One solution is to use
Sawmill, which allows you to set a keybinding to "call command".  When you
hit the associated key, it opens up a cursor under your mouse and you type
a command that gets executed. Sawmill has a good number of other bindings
which may make it viable without a mouse, but I haven't actually tried
that myself.

Dan