Re: request for content authors

"jack wallen, jr" wrote:

> i am soon to become editor in chief of the Linux track on TechRepublic
> (www.techrepublic.com).
> <snip>
> the content i want from somone (or multiple someones) from this list would
> focus on linux and can focus specifically on gnome.  it's developement and
> it's implementation.

Sounds like it's going to be a great web site.  This isn't meant as a flame,
but since you're going to be editor in chief, I need to ask a favor:
<Rant>
Please, please, please make sure the content of your web site uses
apostrophes correctly!!!  "it's" stands for "it is", and "its" refers to the
possessive.  In the above paragraph, "it's" is used incorrectly twice!  In
both cases, the correct word is "its", since it's referring to the
possessive.  This is something that bugs me to no end, because I see it done
way too often, both in e-mail and even in an alarming number of web articles.

</Rant>

Sorry, just had to get it off my chest.   I didn't mean to single you out,
it's just that this seemed like (kind of) an appropriate time to say
something...  Ok, I'd better go duck now so I can avoid the flames...

Dan