gnome-libs 1.0.42 and (to many) documentation install paths

I'm just try to install latest gnome-libs. After "make install
DESTDIR=</install/prefix>" I see that diffrent part documentation are
installed in diffrent (four ?!?) palces.

In prefix dir I see doc and html subdirectories with some developmnt
documentation. Also $(datadir)/gnome/{help,html} contains next part
documentations placed in two diffrent subdirectories .. but
gnome-help-browser lookup only into $(datadir)/gnome/help (??). IMHO
gnome-libs (and other packages also if it tries to install docu in
diffrent places than $(datadir)/gnome/help) must install all documentation
in subdirectories $(datadir)/gnome/help. It would be good that
applications will install doc in $(datadir)/gnome/help/<applications>
subdirectory and development doc in
$(datadir)/gnome/help/<application>-development or in
development/<application> sobdirectiories.

Also I have next suggestion. It would bee good that other non gnome
application also have chanse to store own docu in common direstories tree.
IMHO it wold be betet install all docu in root direstory starting not in
$(datadir)/gnome/help/ but in $(datadir)/doc to be compliant with FHS.
It'll allow browse one help/documentation browser all not only GNOME
browser. It woulbe good to talk about this also with KDE developers to
create common specification where documentation must be stored.

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek@rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl*