Re: Background app?

I seem to be having a problem with my mail so I apologize if this gets
here more than once.

On 20-Sep-99 jack wallen, jr wrote:
> i for one think that's a swell idea!  i'd certainly use it.  i get tired
> of opening up control center switch my background.  and you should
> impliment a random function in it. ;-)

So far I intend to include these options:

random background on startup
changing background on a user defined interval with random and in-order
  options
inclusion of whole directories as well as indavidual files
a canvas to choose from thumbnails of the backgrounds

And if it is possible and I can fugure out how:

(if necissary) asking the window manager to do the changing to avoid
  problems
allowing the user to specify the command to change the bakground (this
  should not be a problem)
whatever else I can think of or is suggested and I think I can reasonably
  implement

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

                                        -Govind Salinas