Re: Why Geocities is bad (was: wmG=Good window manager)

Preben Randhol wrote:

> Dax Kelson <dax@gurulabs.com> writes:
>
> | To discourage people putting pirated software on their Geocities sites, I
> | heard that any compressed file (.gz, .zip, etc) uploaded to geocities gets
> | purposely corrupted with some junk added to the end of the file.
>
> perhaps better to upload it as .usuck and then rename it afterwards :-)

I recently downloaded a .tar.gz file from Geocities.  The author had to rename
the file as .jpg so it would be ok.  So that worked, but you have to treat the
file a little specially until you download and rename the file (i.e. don't
left-click on the link, a .tar.gz viewed as a jpg doesn't look so good...  :-)
).

Dan