Control-Center compile problems!!!

Hello all. Just doing a reinstall of everything from source for the first
time and all has gone well upto control-center-1.0.6. There I get an
"undefined reference to function esd_sample_getid and esd_sample_free" when
compiling
control-center-1.0.6/capplets/sound-properties/sound-properties.c. I had a
look at sound-properties.c and it includes <esd.h> which has prototypes for
those 2 problem functions.

How come I am running into these compile problems? I don't see any other
complaints about it on the mailing list so I must be doing something wrong.
The only way I can get around it is to comment out those lines or make
dummy functions.

Any help would be appreciated~~~~

thx

# pika.pika [o_0]  a.k.a->Brian Ha