Re: extra gnome panel

The format of the session file is a number of sections giving the section
names (for instance [Trash]).  Inside the section, there is a number of
keys with the form n,string where n is a number and string is some
property for that client number.

The numbers run from 0 to num_clients-1 (num_clients is defined in the
session file).  Take a look for n,Program keys to see what programs are
run at session startup ("grep ,Program ~/.gnome/session" should help).  If
panel is listed twice, you will want to edit the session file.

If there is a line "n,Program=panel", you will want to delete all the
other keys starting with "n,", shift the numbers of all the items below up
by one, and reduce num_clients.  You will probably need to do this from
outside X.  Use pico, vi, emacs or whatever editor you feel most
comfortable with.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au