Re: gmc wishlist v1.0

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:

> > 6.  Why, oh why, can we not simply right-drag an icon somewhere and
> > choose from a list of actions such as...  "symlink here, copy here,
> > move here, cancel"?  I know we do not like windose, but some of the
> > best things in windose came from things like gem on the Atari, etc.
> > Other wishes...
>
> I could swear I implemented this feature.

There are not one, but two different bindings for doing
an "ask-drag"

 1) middle button drag
 2) alt-drag

(the latter is hidden by the default mouse-bindings for
 enlightenment)

Right button drag was avoid because that means you have
to do the horribly annoying windows thing where the
rmb menu on an icon doesn't appear until release.

Regards,
                                        Owen