Re: Problems with png-pixmaps

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 03:57:09PM +0200, Oliver Stecklina wrote:
> I have a problem with mapping of png-pixmaps. All pixmaps have a black
> background instead of a transparent.
>
> When I display the pixmaps with display the background is transparent. I
> thoughts the reason is the ImageMagick-package, also I update it to version
> 4.2.8. I was unable to compile the PerlMagick, but the rest was ok and I
> installed it without PerlMagick, but the problem becomes not better.

Well, I had exactly the same problem. I'm currently using SuSE 6.1, and
compiled the latest Gnome packages. It don't know where exactly *is* the
problem, but worked it out by removing all graphic libs in rpm format
(maybe doing so for libpng only is enough), and recompiled them from
source. Then I recompiled Imlib, and gnome-libs, and all worked again.
All the pixmaps I save in png format *before* doing recompilation now
apparead completely scrambled, but the remaining ones workied perfectlyr,
(including those supplied by Gnome :-).
Maybe the libpng package from SuSE is buggy, but I didn't explored further.

Pascal Grossé