Re: [ANNOUNCE] Many updated RPMs 9/2/99

Quoting Dax Kelson on Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 01:24:07AM -0600:

> If you are using gnome-libs 1.0.16 and are having problems with icons on
> your desktop, delete ~/.gnome/metadata.db and restart your session.
>
> You will lose your desktop icons, you can recreate the defaults by right
> clicking on the desktop and choosing "Recreate Desktop Shortcuts".
>
> Dax Kelson
>

> --

Dax-

Thanks for clarifying this.  I went back to an earlier gmc/mc but will try
this later.  With the earlier gmc/mc, all icons on the desktop appear as
normal even with gnome-libs at 1.0.16 level.

--
Michael Perry -			 "No one can give you wiser advice
mperry@tsoft.com	   .o O	  than yourself" -Cicero