RE: gnome summary

good call hugo!  so here's the new new version ;-)

734 commits this week.  A commit is when a developer submits a piece of
code to an already existing application.  Many of these commits are in
response  to new feature requests, the "regular evolution" of the
software, and (on occasion) bug-fixes and optimization needs.

sound better?