Re: general questions about Gtkperl

On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 10:02:17AM +0200, Jean Raymond Chauviere wrote:
> I only want to know what is gtperl ?
> - a module ( ascii file)
> - a shared library
> - an other interpreter ( necessity to recompile everything with added code)
> - ....
>
> Is it only a translation function by function from the gtk api to perl, or
> something
> on a higher level like tk ?

gtk/perl is an xs based module that allows access to the gtk and gnome
libraries from perl.
The API is very close to the gtk+ api, though in some points it has
been changed to be more perlish and it is explicitly OO.
Gtk, Gdk and Gnome provide for both an high and low level interface,
so I find it more useful and practical then tk.
Have a look at the examples or try it out.

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules