Re: gnome summary

 * Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> wrote:
 > So, in short:
 >  - Use OPL or the FSF's documentation license for technical manuals
 >    Do not use GPL
 >  - There is no rational reason I can think of why non-technical texts
 >    should be freely modifiable

OK, sounds reasonable. I would just like to see some indication that
such texts are freely distributable (via Mail, Web, Print - which
might demand some modifications). There are too many cases in which
pure information is copyrighted and licenced and whatnot. And Free
Software (like Gnome) is nearly useless without free documentation
(and free news).

 > Sorry, this confusion is just a peeve of mine. :-)

Data and content is more and more becoming proprietary and in my
humble opinion one should work against that. Actually it's the same
problem as with proprietary code, it's just another round.

        Jochem