Re: run dialog

----- Original Message -----
From: Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com>
To: Ben FrantzDale <frantb@rpi.edu>
Cc: <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 1999 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: run dialog

> On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Ben FrantzDale wrote:
> > yea... that's what I figured... it has to load the gtk theme for just
the
> > little app...   my guess is that in windows it's part of the
"explorer.exe"
> > process, so that it's just opening a dialog. Because it's only usefull
if it
> > opens instantly, maby it could be encorperated into gmc or panel or some
> > other process that would already be running.
> >

> I think you're right, it should go in the panel. The panel needs to figure
> out how to do key bindings anyway, because it needs the windows key
> attached to the foot menu.

I'm using enlightenment, so I've been just setting ctrl+alt+r to gnome-run
or whatever. if there were a command line way for programs to send commands
to the panel, I think that would be the begining of a solution. Historicly,
hasn't it been the WM that handles keybindings like that?  (I have no sence
of X history, so I don't konw :-)

-Ben