Re: gnumeric query

> I'm using gnumeric 0.38 (recently installed october gnome) and I'm very
> happy with
> it... but (there's always a but :)
>
> If I select a row and change the background colour to other-than-white,
> the
> background colour is set for the whole row. If I then save and re-open
> the
> sheet, the background colour is set only for the cells that have data in
> them.
>
> I guess this is because (or means that) only cells with data in are
> stored in the
> save file - but it does stop my sheets from looking how I want them to
> look.
>
> Is there a way to work around this minor niggle (I can live with it,
> it's no biggie)?

This problem has been fixed in the CVS version of GNOME.  It will be
available really soon, we need to do some more testing because we have
undergone a major style rewrite (actually, Michael did) so we need to
fix a few more bugs and test a few more things before we release a new
version of Gnumeric.

But, yes, this is fixed and Michael's code is so much better than what
we had before for styles that we can now mimick excel much much
better style-wise.  For the first time :-)

Best wishes,
Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org