Re: module viewer

> I'm curious, if it works in GTK, why would you want to port it to
GNOME?

> Not every app is a candidate for GNOME (it'd mean a lot of
unnecessary
> bloat by linking to libgnomeui and libgnome and stuff).

>Another thing you gain by using GNOME is a lot of consistency,
>translated
>standard menus, buttons and messages, session managment
>support,
>framework
>for application windows, easy and consistent MDI, simple sound,
>consistent
>configuration, standard dialogs (which also makes apps use less
>code and
>easier to write), much easier graphics engine (the canvas), and a
>whole
>bunch
>of other stuff.  As far as I can see you have almost nothing to
>loose
>and
>everything to gain by using GNOME over just GTK.  And this list
>will get
>much
>larger with GNOME 2.0.

As a non-developer Gnome user (and heavy advocate) I cannot
agree less. All people I show Linux and Gnome always complain
about the same: lack of consistency of my mixed-environment.
Just for the sake of consistency, I'd like to see as many gnomefied
apps as possible (even the gimp!).

Cheers.

Dr. Rodolfo Canet-Castello
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias (IVIA)
Dpto. Recursos Naturales
Aptdo. oficial. 46113-Moncada (Valencia). ESPAŅA-SPAIN.
Phone: 34-96-1391000      Fax: 34-96-1390240
Web page: http://www.ivia.es
Web page of Spanish Group of Soil Enzymology:
http://www.ivia.es/soilenzymology/