gnumeric question

How do I copy cells from one spreadsheet to another?  Cut and paste
works well within one spreadsheet, but it appears that the cut buffer
is not shared among the different spreadsheets that are open.  I did
notice that one spreadsheet could contain several "sheets" (with tabs
to select the sheet at the bottom of the window), and that I could cut
and paste between sheets, so another question I could ask is:  how can
I load (or import) a spreadsheet from a file directly into one of the
"sheets" in a given spreadsheet?  I'm using gnumeric-0.38-1.  Thanks,

--
Todd Wilson
Computer Science Department