Re: wheel-mouse

Tobias Klaus wrote:
> I am just wondering if there is any program available that adds some basic
> wheel support to gnome.

GTK and so GNOME support whell mouses out of the box.
You just have to say your X-Server to handle the wheel
correctly.

To do so you have to change your XF86Config file
(usually under /etc/X11/). In the "Pointer" section
change the protocol to "IMPS/2" and add a line
"ZAxisMapping 4 5". Then restart your X-Server.

This is the section in my own XF86Config file:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
    ZAxisMapping 4 5