GMC default geometry settings?

I've been trying to figure out how to set the default geometry setting
for gmc.
I have Oct Gnome releases, running gmc4.5.40

The problem is the "Home Directory" icon on the desktop, when I dbl
click on it, it opens up with a geometry setting of 570x360, this
is way to small of a window for me. I've tried, using the "start
programs" to remove the gmc entry and adding an another gmc, except with
the geometry setting, as such "gmc --geometry 800x800+50+50", then save
session and exit gnome. Upon restart, I get the geometry setting that I
want. I then close gmc and then when I dbl click on the desktop (gmc)
icon, it defaults back to the smaller size.

What am I missing here? Where is GMC getting its default settings from?

Thanks.

--
Jeffrey A. Bell

                        -- Wernher von Braun --