Re: somebody's sawmill problem - I lost the original

On 16 Oct, warder@pcisys.net wrote:

> Problem:  Sent left and made a new virtual workspace and now can't get rid of
> it.
>
> I have just installed sawmill and had a similar problem.  I think this will
> work:
>
> Move all windows out of the unwanted workspace.
> Restart sawmill.

Thanks, that seems to do the trick. While looking at the configuration
options, I saw one that said "merge with next workspace when last window
is moved out". That might be a way to avoid shutting and restarting
sawmill.

> To me this kinda sucks but I haven't found any other way of doing it.
>
> So that this doesn't happen again:
>
> Set up sawmill so that it wraps around when you move through workspaces and when
> you move windows.
>
> This seems to work for me.  Keep in mind I just got sawmill TODAY.  So my level
>  of ignorance is still pretty high.

Well, I got it today (or yesterday) too.

BTW, If I try a move left/right on the window after doing the above
(i.e. wrap around workspaces), I lose access to my app. I can still see
it in the list but I can no longer get focus. Not sure what part of the
system that bug belongs to.

So I'm down to one workspace, like I wanted. But I still haven't figured
out a way to move windows within the pager.